Free Download Microsoft Browser, Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Free Download Microsoft Browser, Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Internet Explorer 9 was designed to let that potential shine through. Click below to see how developers and designers are creating a more beautiful web using HTML5 and advancements in Internet Explorer 9.

All around fast

Today’s websites and browsers only use about 10% of the processing power your PC has to offer. Internet Explorer 9 unlocks the other 90%. With Internet Explorer 9, we’re tapping into your graphics processor through Windows to harness the full potential of your PC. It makes HD video smoother, colors truer, graphics clearer, and websites more responsive. Combined with our new JavaScript engine, the web now performs like an application installed directly on your computer.

We’ve also added a several ways to reduce the number of clicks it takes to get where you’re going. You can pin your favorite sites to your task bar for single-click access. Our new tab pages features your most commonly viewed sites. And we’ve moved all notifications to the bottom of the page with clearer instructions. Combined with performance enhancements, these new features make your web browsing experience truly fast.

Your sites shine

Designed to get you to the web faster and get out of the way once you’re there, Internet Explorer 9 lets web content come forward and shine.

Rollover the ‘s in the browser window to explore the new UI.

Seamless with Windows 7

Internet Explorer 9 takes advantage of features that people love in Windows 7 to make browsing faster and more efficient.


Now you can launch your favorite web pages from your task bar with a single click. To pin a web page, just grab the tab in the browser and drag it down to your taskbar. It’s that simple.

Jump Lists

Many pinned sites have added functionality when you roll over them, like links and player controls.

Aero Snap

In the same way you can resize windows in Windows 7, you can do the same with tabs just by dragging them to the edge of the screen.

HTML5 Support

Through active participation in standards development in CSS3 and SVG working groups, co-chairing the HTML5 Working Group, and leading the HTML5 Testing Task force, we are actively helping set the standards for the modern web. Through our investments in standards and interoperability, we hope to help bring predictability to web programming. Because when you can spend less time rewriting your sites to work across browsers, you can spend more time creating amazing experiences.

Internet Explorer 9 introduces support for modern web standards, including:

  • CSS3
  • HTML5
  • SVG
  • ICC Color Profiles
  • DOM L2 and L3
  • ECMAScript5


  • Windows© Internet Explorer 9 Beta, Windows 7 32-bit
  • Windows© Internet Explorer 9 Beta, Windows 7 64-bit