The eagerly anticipated update to the bestselling first edition is here!
Facebook’s popularity is seemingly unstoppable. The site experienced a huge boom in registered users in the latter half of 2008. It was at that time that Facebook also underwent a radical facelift and introduced numerous changes. Packed with hundreds of screen shots, this anxiously awaited new edition presents you with a thorough update on all the exciting changes to Facebook’s interface since the first edition hit the shelves a mere one year ago.
Authored by two Facebook employees, Facebook For Dummies, 2nd Edition, features unique insight and insider knowledge of Facebook that can’t be found anywhere else. You’ll explore optimum ways to get familiar with Facebook, tips for representing yourself online, best practices for keeping connected, how to run a business on Facebook, and more.
- Walks you through creating a profile, navigating the interface, and setting up privacy features
- Explains how to find and add friends, fill out your profile, add applications, and upload photos
- Discusses ways to join a network or group or use Facebook as a scheduler
- Addresses using Facebook to promote your business and buy ad space on Facebook
Put your best face forward and dive in to all the exciting new features that Facebook offers!
From the Back Cover
- Create a Profile, navigate the site, and use privacy features
- Find friends and Groups
- Add applications and upload photos to your Facebook page
- Build a fan page or get the word out about an event
Facebook secrets revealed! Keep up with friends, family, classmates, and business contacts
Is everybody on Facebook except you? Change that with this friendly guide. These Facebook experts show you how to set up your Profile, protect your privacy, find friends and family members, learn what’s happening in their lives, and keep them up to date on yours. You can even improve your business life with Facebook — here’s how!
- For the beginner — learn the rules, set up a Profile with your personal information, upload photos, and find friends
- Make it work for you — tailor the Facebook system to deliver the updates you want and block out the rest
- Here, you can write on the Wall — explore communication through personal posts, public comments, and photo sites
- Participate — discover and join groups that focus on activities you enjoy
- Take the lead — start your own group, plan an event, or find others who share a special interest
- Promote your business — use fan pages and ads to introduce your business to new customers
- On the go — use Facebook mobile texts to stay connected while you’re out and about
- Help keep Facebook safe — report rules violations and activities that weaken the Facebook community
Open the book and find:
- What you can and can’t do on Facebook
- How to find and connect with your friends
- Tips on navigating the site
- Privacy controls and how to use them
- Advice for creating the perfect Profile
- How to schedule your life with Facebook
- Ideas for a business page that gets attention
- Great applications to try